There is a new Garmin bug within the Venu2 family, FR55 and FR955 that is affecting battery drain. The Garmin issues have been acknowledged and there are bug ticket numbers assigned. The Garmin bug tickets can be viewed in the https:\\forums.garmin.com.
F3b has made several workarounds and improvements to each app to further reduce battery drain and there are a few things you can to reduce your watch battery drain.
- Use Garmin Express (https://www.garmin.com/express/) to verify if there are any pending updates for your watch.
- A pending updates will cause extreme battery drains.
- I recommend, using Garmin Express for installing All CIQ apps or Garmin Software updates.
- Restart the watch after any CIQ app install or Garmin Software update.
- Set the SaO2 sensor to “Manual Check” or “On Demand”. The default is ‘Always’ or ‘All Day’.
- Use a less intensive widgets and watch face. These types of Garmin Apps typically use Garmin Background service and is continually running in the background and will increase battery drain.
- Remove all unused apps, watchfaces, and widgets.
Garmin Express -> https://www.garmin.com/express/
Garmin Forums -> https://forums.garmin.com